National Baby Hirers of Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Products and Suppliers

3 posters

Go down

Products and Suppliers Empty Products and Suppliers

Post  JTTK Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:09 pm

When we started out the only supplier that would give us an account without a minium spend was Nursery Elegance which have been great. We are lucky that they are just up the road from us so get our orders quickly, no frieght charges, etc.

We only stock Babylove seats, strollers and portacots. We have never had any bad feedback on the products and for travelling families they just want something that is convenient and easy to use.

We are now at the stage of thinking to expand our range to attract more of the local market (and the traveller with more money!!)

Just placed an order to get a few of the Peg perego primo viaggio through nursery elegance so looking forward to seeing how they go.

Any suggestions on products that you have found to be most popular and brands. Aswell as items that you would not suggest worthwhile.

An item which we were not sure on but has paid off are the hospital bassinets. We are the only provider in melb with a website so get lots of orders. I understand their is another provider over the other side of town but they have no website.

JTTK

Back to top Go down

Products and Suppliers Empty Re: Products and Suppliers

Post  Danni Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:51 pm

My most popular item of late is probably capsules too - because I do more long term hires (bugger!) than anything else.
The Maxi Cosis do well, but I have the old colours - the new steel grey I only have 10 of because they're going to be a nightmare to keep clean - I see myself selling them quickly just to get a tiny profit. I've got mostly black and grey or red and black. I am hoping they'll bring a better colour in cause if they don't I won't be buying more.
My other best money maker is - portacots! I know, but I buy them for like $40 and I've hired every single one at least 20 x for $55 or $65 each and they're such easy little earners.
The Seed bedding is also popular. All the stock moves easily to be honest, I need more toys though, been struggling with that - those exersaucers are popular and I have 12 but they're always out and I should get more in.

Danni
Admin

https://babyhirers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Quai Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:11 pm

I hire the Phil n Ted prams a lot but I think thats because people spend the whole day and Seaworld etc and really want a good pram to get around in.
I def have customers who want 'upmarket' or brand stuff. I have hired the quinny and maxi travel system out a few times on short term hire which surprised me as I thought that would only be long term, but there are a lot of people who want the luxury of it when they are here for a week. And Ive had a couple of calls wanting bugaboos (which I dont have) but they settled for quinny. (sorry Im saying this even though you are not having luck with IGC)

Nat - thats interesting about the hospital bassinets. I hadnt considered them really but will have a rethink.
Danni - do you get your portacots direct from Valco? My portacots were expensive (160ish wholesale) but they are so dam nice to look at and super easy to put up! not the quickest return but I do hire them out constantly. I agree about the steel grey maxi cosis, the seem to pill a bit too.

Quai

Back to top Go down

Post  Danni Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:38 pm

Maxi Cosi is a real bummer for me, if they had them in the original grey and black I'd probably have room for another 50 at least. I knock people back all the time. Why do people wait till they're in hospital with the baby to think about it???

I use cheapie valco travellers Quai, $60 wholesale or $65 or so from babyzonedirect.com.au. Just a tip too - I see they often have amazing specials on products I can get wholesale, sometimes so close to wholesale price its incredible so I ring the supplier and whinge and get whatever price they get - because believe me those retailers get a different price list to what we do.
You need to be really friendly with your rep, I meet up with mine regularly, push for specials, ask for deep discounts or freebies for competitions, its all within their power believe me.

Danni
Admin

https://babyhirers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum