National Baby Hirers of Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think?

4 posters

Go down

What do you think? Empty What do you think?

Post  Danni2 Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:38 am

Customer hires 2 x Seed Organics Pods on 25 November 2011. Emails 17 Feb, isn't using one so would like to return one keep one, yes sure fine I say, then calls tonight and tells me that she's had a good look (for the first time) at the bedding and it appears that its full of bugs - dust mites or at least they're faeces she reckons. Full. She refuses to bring either bed back inside the house, tells me her baby has been hospitalised for breathing issues! (I'm feeling dizzy by this point) and that although she doesn't want any "compensation" from Seed or me she'd like them picked up.

Now, how could this be? 3 months have passed and she reckons she's googled and they could have been eggs which have lived in there and because she had the beds upstairs its darkish and she hadn't noticed. She says that its not on the linen, just the cane. I'm booking couriers to bring both beds here tomorrow to have a look but I'm having a hard time believing that its not something in her environment.
BUT to save any hard feelings and angst on both sides i"m just keen to get the beds back and give her her bonds and move on.
What would you do?

Danni2

Back to top Go down

What do you think? Empty Re: What do you think?

Post  Quai Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:32 pm

How bizarre! So this is what I have to look forward to dealing with!

Well I found a site on asthma on the net that said - 'Cane and rattan seats do not provide an environment conducive to mite growth' and bedmites are found 'in the mattress and the pillow'.

I'm not downplaying the seriousness of a baby getting sick but if it has only just been hospitalised then surely the agitation has only just occurred. Which means the mites or whatever have only just shown up because they couldn't hibernate for 3 months.

Plus she already wanted to return one because shes not using it, and suddenly now both are not acceptable??

If shes already mentioned compensation then I assume she wouldnt be into paying at least for the 3 month hire. But If you cant find anything wrong I cant see the harm in at least saying that you cant find fault and it seems only fair she pay for the 3 months or at least 3 months for 1 of them!

Quai

Back to top Go down

Post  JTTK Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Any update Danni? how did it work out?

JTTK

Back to top Go down

Post  Danni2 Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:10 pm

There's definately something on the linens, I can't work out what it is but its definately there. Its like tiny black spots, like piling from too many washes but smaller and dark and it doesn't wash off.
I've emailed Seed who had kindly offered a credit for those two beds and I'm sending them down to them today so hopefully I'll just be able to get two new beds and apologise to this lady. She hasn't asked for $ so I can't refund her because its more than likely that whatever this is has come from her house - I won't say that but the rest of my beds are perfectly fine its just hers and two which were in separate areas of her house. I'd say she has a bug infestation and she's blaming the beds when its probably been there all along but who knows?
Seed have been very good about it. I bought a couple more beds from them yesterday as a show of good faith because I don't want to lose the account either, Roger Armstrong are a big supplier to me.

Ahh, the things that happen eh? There's always something or someone.

Danni2

Back to top Go down

Post  JTTK Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:27 pm

Good luck with the outcome
Keep us updated

JTTK

Back to top Go down

Post  ABH Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:26 am

Wow, that's a but rough. I haven't had a situation like that yet either, but I think I would do the same as you have done Danni. Don't want things to turn nasty.

I have just contacted Roger Armstrong to hopefully set up an account - you're right, they are lovely to deal with.

ABH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum