National Baby Hirers of Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any issues you've struggled with lately?

3 posters

Go down

Any issues you've struggled with lately? Empty Any issues you've struggled with lately?

Post  Danni Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:54 pm

I've had a customer hire a tandem pram last week, had it since last Tuesday and then last night I get an email to say that its broken but of course she swears she never used it.
Now I checked it and it seemed fine to me, but I'm very reluctant to keep her bond or charge her for it. I never have, I just think the bad PR could cost so much more than a replacement pram.
I've asked her to send it back but I just can't believe she hasn't used it. She was calling the hire urgent, saying she couldn't get out with the twins, really needed this pram, then says she hasn't used it in 6 days?

So what would you all do? I'm leaning towards just taking the hit myself and giving her back most of her money, except the weeks' hire.

Danni
Admin

https://babyhirers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Any issues you've struggled with lately? Empty Re: Any issues you've struggled with lately?

Post  Quai Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:52 pm

Hmmm. Well if I was the customer and something genuinely broke I would CALL you to have a discussion. Emailing to me seems a little shifty if you really didnt break it!! And i really dont believe she didnt use it after going to the hassle of hiring it, that just gives her credibility no weight.

If you havent seen the breakage yet its hard to determine whether it possibly could be a weakness with the pram, or whether its obviously user damage.

I would get it back and take the 'on no, how terrible! please send the pram back and I'll have my guys take a look and speak/send photos to the manufacturer' approach.

Then if you think shes to blame try to explain that unfortunately the 'manufacturers' or 'your guys' said it it does seem to be damage, but you would be happy to meet half way and pay half the replacement cost?

Quai

Back to top Go down

Any issues you've struggled with lately? Empty Re: Any issues you've struggled with lately?

Post  Quai Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:30 pm

I just wanted to add that I think if you actually spoke to her after you've looked at the pram that you'd get a better idea if shes not genuine and I really dont think she'd go round spreading bad publicity if she did break it.

I think she'd be more inclined to be embarrassed and hush hush!

So if you at least ask to meet in the middle its a nice compromise??!

Good luck!

Quai

Back to top Go down

Post  Danni Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:38 pm

Thanks, it doesn't appear broken to me at all, so I'll send it back to IGC and see what they say.
I've offered her a refund of the week she had paid in advance and her full bond, I think that's fair that she pay for the week she had it.

Danni
Admin

https://babyhirers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Quai Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:40 pm

Oh! Sorry I didnt realise you've seen it and its not broken??!!!
Thats a really strange one.

Quai

Back to top Go down

Post  JTTK Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:47 am

Does seem strange

I think what you did was the best way to go.

JTTK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum