National Baby Hirers of Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Essentials Baby Website

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Essentials Baby Website Empty Essentials Baby Website

Post  JTTK Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:23 am

I have been looking at some other online advertising and spoken with Essential Baby. They do a package to advertise on lots of other sites.

Danni when I was looking at them I saw you were on alot of them and assume you advertise on the bundle they offer.

They are doing a 'deal' at the moment of $710 for all of their associated websites and exposure to all of Melbourne searches.

Have you found this to be a worthwhile place to advertise?

Thanks

JTTK

Back to top Go down

Essentials Baby Website Empty Re: Essentials Baby Website

Post  Danni Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:40 am

I only paid $100 or so I think, just for EB. But I do know a few people who work there Laughing so I get editorial etc for free.
Its OK for me, definately worth the $100 Smile
What is in the bundle do you know?

Danni
Admin

https://babyhirers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JTTK Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:43 am

Danni - have emailed you the bundle they are offereing. Includes lots of websites

JTTK

Back to top Go down

Post  Danni Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:57 am

It looks good. Let me have a look at my analytics and I'll tell you what percentage of my traffic it is - might help a bit.

Here you go, its number 7 in my top ten this week, Babyology is first by a long shot, then a few PR ops I had with bloggers and magazine editors then bub hub then Facebook and Essential Baby .
1. babyology.com.au 418
35.82%
2. babyspace.net.au 155
13.28%
3. facebook.com 98
8.40%
4. bubhub.com.au 85
7.28%
5. supportawahm.com.au 71
6.08%
6. m.facebook.com 63
5.40%
7. essentialbaby.com.au 56
4.80%
8. bigaussiegiveaway.com 41
3.51%
9. google.com.au 13
1.11%
10. ellaslist.com.au 12
1.03%
view full report

Danni
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JTTK Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:34 am

Thanks Danni for the information - will have a good think about it tonight and decide which way to go.
Do you not do google adwords?

JTTK

Back to top Go down

Post  Danni Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:44 am

I do but haven't recently, not this week. That's this weeks' stats so far so no adwords. My last adwords payment expired Saturday.
Funny that Babyology is still so strong, weeks and weeks after their last post on RBB. Just goes to show, paid ads under-rate their editorial every time. Editorial is key.

Danni
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JTTK Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:56 am

I will be talking to babyology tomorrow. Emailed earlier in the week and following up tomorrow.
Will see what they can do within budget!!

JTTK

Back to top Go down

Post  Danni Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:14 am

They're lovely over there.

Danni
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JTTK Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:23 am

maybe I'll mention your name Smile

JTTK

Back to top Go down

Post  Danni Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:27 am

Can't hurt. Smile I deal a lot with Suzi (catchpole) and Mandi Gunsberger, the owner.
I have been known on occassion to send them the odd gift Cool

And I'm keen to keep them in the loop with my new venture that is veeerry close to being unveiled. Few more weeks. Wink

Danni
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JTTK Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:48 am

My emails have been with Amy.

I can't wait to hear all about this venture...... any hints????? Very Happy

JTTK

Back to top Go down

Post  JTTK Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:53 am

Just a question on the list you sent through earlier.

What the difference between facebook and m.facebook??? any ideas?

JTTK

Back to top Go down

Post  Danni Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:00 am

I think m.facebook is accessed on mobiles/iPads.

Hint: ABEHA. Very Happy

Danni
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JTTK Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:49 am

Pretty sure I know what that stands for Very Happy
look forward to hearing more

JTTK

Back to top Go down

Post  Danni Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:32 pm

The idea arose in my barney with Marina from HFB, when she said there's lots of backyard operators screwing the market for the rest of us because they're untrained, don't know what they're doing, blah blah. I saw that there was a professional association overseas but none here and thought it might be a good idea for a new venture plus to manage that issue that she did bring up and its very real. I have been called to fix fittings that are just done terribly so hopefully a professional body can sort that out. I do hope that I'll have some buying power for members eventually to and maybe have a forum like this, as well as a conference where IGC and other suppliers might come and showcase their wares to members.

Danni
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JTTK Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:20 am

Sounds good. Were you thinking to open it up to all providers or just a small group (one from each state, etc)?
Memberhip fees to be a member?
Would it help with insurance, purchasing, etc?

JTTK

Back to top Go down

Post  Danni Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:36 am

Im going to offer it to everyone that will fit the membership criteria they can apply and if successful, will charge a membership fee (except for my current membership which is everyone on this forum who gets a free ride for the life of the Association). Hire for Baby can pay per branch or have one national listing, like other advertisers really.
I'm hoping to get bulk buying power from the big distributors as well as an insurance package etc. It will take time and to be honest, I work pretty lengthy hours (by choice) now, it will have to be slowly slowly so I don't spend too much time on it rather than RBB, because its not going to be making much money, its more about tightening up the industry and getting a bit of PR for all of us bringing hire to the attention of the public.
I'm doing it on the cheap initially and will see how it all goes.
The English version of the same idea told me they're going to be branching out into Australia so I'm keen to finish up and launch before they do that.

Danni
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JTTK Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:48 am

Just looked at the UK side - not good!
If there is anything that you want me to do - calls, looking into things let me know - happy to help where I can.
Have you contacted ACRI? They could be a supporter/sponsor

JTTK

Back to top Go down

Post  Danni Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:56 am

Yeah its pretty shabby although I have to admit the launch one isn't going to be a superstar either. I just don't have the $ to spend on a risky venture. The logo is being done by an Etsy designer in Canada, the website will be a Vistaprint jobbie initially but I'm willing to give it a red hot go.

Great idea about ACRI. I'll email Rob now and get his thoughts. He's really great isn't he? They've been so kind to me with my questions and the odd fitting issue I've had. Its great to have someone there to answer the tricky questions. Same as what we all have here now I think.

All ideas, thoughts, input is welcome, I'm keen to make this rock for all of us.

Danni
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JTTK Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:23 am

Yes Rob is great. We have our membership here to pay at the moment $245

I am not sure HFB will be interested as they dont own it but that is a good thing for all of the rest of us as it will make us all look more professional and united in supporting Australian families.

For me I find advertising very difficult and this would be a great way to get our names out there. Share the costs across all involved

Get in with hospitals, maternial child health centres, Obstetricians (they have plenty of money they can sponsor us!!)

Suppliers can chase us to hire their products Very Happy

JTTK

Back to top Go down

Post  Danni Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:33 am

Exactly. All the money will go back into funding advertising for everyone, raising awareness, doing the odd conference/expo maybe... Will see.
Hire for Baby will definately not join, I can see that already. That's fine, people will think they couldn't get membership, not they wouldn't.

What do you think I should charge as the first membership fee? You can pick the numbers since no one here will ever pay it. I think we'll all be lifetime members Smile

Danni
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danni Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:38 am

I must look at other similar businesses to see what they offer. I suppose I'll have to do a newsletter, might make that quarterly for now so I'm not tied down to neglecting RBB.
Advertising of course
Hopefully group buying deals
Will speak to my broker about bulk insurance - that's getting more expensive every year. A lady called me yesterday from somewhere in Qld - I sent her on to you Quai I hope that's ok - asking about insurance. I never know to be honest if its someone up to something or what so just be careful. I always say NRMA but its not.
I wonder if a forum would work on the website? Or is it too close for competitors to chat do you think?
Might make a bunch of downloadable docs for people to give to their customers - although I'm getting those done for RBB right now so they'll have to be a bit different.

Danni
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JTTK Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:41 am

I think similar to ACRI would be fine. Not too much so people dont join but enough to be able to do something with the money.
What about ABC Nursery Hire and Home & Away hire - they are around australia with lots of locations.
Are you targeting independents?

JTTK

Back to top Go down

Post  Danni Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:49 am

I'm going to offer it to everyone, and hopefully everyone will want to join so as not to be left out.
I was thinking $199 for first year for each listing, so either individual companies can join or the big ones can go for one national listing. Eventually I'll make it so that its worth having each franchisee with their own listing but I don't want to scare anyone off.

Danni
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JTTK Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:03 am

Sounds good - can only try and see how it goes

JTTK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content